ProJet 5500 X
Multi-material composite materials 3D printer
ProJet 5500X delivers the highest quality, most accurate and toughest multi-material composites based on 3D Systems’ latest MultiJet Printing (MJP) technology. The ProJet 5500X simultaneously prints and fuses together flexible and rigid material composites layer by layer at the pixel level in a variety of colors and shades including opaque, clear, black or white and numerous shades of gray. 3D Systems’ printed multi-material composites result in stunningly realistic, functional, large and small prototypes and products for a wide range of manufacturers, designers and engineers.
The ProJet 5500X delivers fast composite material print speeds using breakthrough materials with properties that can be easily varied within a single part. This new VisiJet® composite family of materials is precisely mixed by the ProJet 5500X print head on-the-fly to achieve superior mechanical properties and custom performance characteristics and comes with a 5-year print head warranty. With so many options, the ProJet 5500X is perfect for a variety of applications, including overmolded parts, multi-material assemblies, rubber-like components, long-lasting living hinges and high-temperature testing.
With its industrial-grade print head, the ProJet 5500X prints up to two times faster than any other printer in its class, and produces more than 60% larger volume than all other comparable systems, producing larger parts up to half a meter long, or more parts per print job.
· Print in multiple materials in a single build
· Produces strong, finely detailed, precise parts
· Larger net build volume for bigger parts or more parts per build
· Build speeds up to two times faster than other printers in class
· Color: Multi-material
· Resolution: 750 x 750 x 890 dpi
· Build volume: 533 x 381 x 300 mm
· Material: high performance plastic
· layer thickness: 29 micron
· VisiJet C4 Spectrum Material Properties
· VisiJet CR-CL: Rigid Plastic Material – Clear
· VisiJet CR-WT: Rigid Plastic Material – White
· VisiJet CF-BK: Rubber-like Material – Black